Thursday, November 10, 2016

Blog #21

Please complete today’s reading assignments. Please answer the questions from the “Religion in Cyberspace” reading and share your thoughts and feelings about what you have learned. Next I would like you to spend some time checking out religious blogs. Specifically, select a religious blog from the list at the end of “Religion in Cyberspace” (today’s reading) and spend some time checking it out. I would like you to describe its content by addressing the themes of the blog messages and your perceptions of the blog’s intended objectives. How does it match (or not match) the criteria identified in our readings for today? How does it compare with your experience with LDS blogs and LDS Church Internet sites?

1 comment:

  1. I decided to read a section of a blog named "At the Intersection of faith and culture." It was an interesting blog. Basically what I got from it is there is some sort of regime out there that is trying to take over the USA. And even though people think Trump is the regime and dictator he is actually really nice compared to the real threats. I have to be honest. A lot of what this guy was saying went over my head and he wasn't very clear.
    But what I say looking at these blogs was, well a lot of them look very old and outdated. And I noticed a lot of them focused on getting money or selling things. Which I always struggle with church's that focus so much on getting money. I really don't like it. I saw a lot of very interesting ads (anyone a single christian and want to join a dating site?)
    I did see these churches really try to reach out to the Nones and others online. They really tried to make people question instead of inviting to try with faith.
    Overall I think the LDS church does a better job than most of these blogs. Then again our church also has billions to spend and many people whose sole job is to write blogs and make videos.

    ReplyDelete